Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Anime is New

Well, lets start off with talking about the anime I'm watching that are airing right now! =3 It'll be in no particular order (so don't think it's my favorite to least favorite so far or whatever).

  • First up: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Season 2)

"Look what I stole!!"

Now, everyone's heard of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, right? If not, you've probably never heard of anime, so you're at the wrong blog.

Anyway, you should know what it is, seeing it's a huge phenomenon in Japan and somewhat in other countries (for anime fans who don't just watch anime on Cartoon Network, that is). If you don't, Google it. Or, hey, to lazy to? I posted a review about it you can read.

So, moving on... My brothers and I all about pissed our pants when Kadokawa pulled their little trick and aired "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" in the middle of their re-airing of the first season. (Never seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? Well, now you know: it is that good.)

Now, I've never read the novels (though I plan to... someday...), so all these episodes are going to be new to me, surprises, so I'm excited about that. My brothers have read the novels, but they're excited.

So far, all I can say for the summery of this show is that it's more of Haruhi doing crazy things and more of Kyon getting pulled into her crazy ideas and the crazy doings of his brigade-mates.

  • The second is: K-On!

"Because you're so Moé, I'm sure there are nude drawings of you all over the net."

Two words: Kick. Butt.

The plots basic enough; Yui, Mio, Ritsu, and Tsumugi are all high-schoolers (just guess what year of high school) and part of the ironically called Light Music Club, where they basically are a rock band (nothin' light about rock).

Okay, so it's a little deeper than that (and I mean a little). Either way, though, it's very entertaining, dealing with the life of this rock band as they become even better and better at what they do.

All the characters (besides Tsumugi) are kind of annoying, though usually in a good way, so don't go on yelling at me for saying that! (And don't yell at me for saying "usually;" it's my opinion, isn't it?) Yui's a little too stupid, Ritsu's a little too... well... irritating(she teases and bugs people), and Mio's a little too much of a scaredy-cat (it can almost be certain now that you will see her crouching down, crying, and muttering something to herself every episode, as seen above). You could possibly see Tsumugi as irritating for being too nice, but if you do... you're weird.

Anyway, this anime is becoming a fan favorite, along with Mio being loved by many fanboys (making her a fan-favorite character; just search for K-On! on any image site, and I guarantee the majority of the images will be of Mio).

  • Third up to base: Hayate the Combat Butler!! (Season 2)

... I think he's knocking-impaired...

Okay, truthfully, I've never seen the first season, but the plot is so... not much of a plot that I don't think I'll need to; they even summarize the plot of the first season at the beginning of the first episode!

Well, in case your too lazy to do that, the basic plot is about a sixteen-year-old boy named Hayate whose parents dumped a 150 million yen debt on him and left. Needing to, of course, pay off this debt, he became the butler to the thirteen-year-old Nagi, whose family could pay of the debt without loosing a single night of sleep. Now he must do regular butler things, and—because he originally saved Nagi from some kidnappers—protect her.

This anime may not be the best airing this season, but it's entertaining to watch, though it still befuddles me how so many girls can have the crush on the same guy... but, seeing that the guy all the girls love in this anime is Hayate, maybe it's not so odd.

  • The fourth and final: Hatsukoi Limited

I dream of that, too, honey...

Romantic comedy; that's 'nuff said for me to watch a show.

Being one of my favorite genres, when my brother told me a little about the first episode and that it was a romantic comedy, I said, "I'm watching it." So, I gave the first episode a try, and I like it.

I can't say there's really much of a plot; it really just follows certain people from a rather large cast of main characters around as their junior high and high school romances unravel. Especially at first, you could just tell that there was a lot to learn, some confusion in the mix about certain characters and whatnot, though, so far, it hasn't shown too much promise of deep backstory or anything. But, you never know. There might end up being a lot of deepness for at least some of the characters (doubtfully all, seeing there are so many characters).

As for that, I can't really say anything more about it. There being so many main characters, I can't talk about them. It is a good anime, though: funny, cute, sweet, etc.

No comments: